Prestashop is one of the best free eCommerce software available on the market. Although it has less than 10% market share still it is one of the most popular e-commerce software. In this article, we will learn How To Install Prestashop On Local Host. This will be helpful if you and try out some update before you put that into the live site.
- Need to have Xampps software installed in your PC
- Have PHP version 7.0.0 or later.
Before you install
Before you install please download the latest version of Prestashop 188.8.131.52 from here. You will get a zip file. Extract the folder and you will get a couple of files and folder. Unzip the PrestaShop folder
You also need to create a database and connect a user to that.
- Go to Xampps control panel
- Go to Admin option next to SQL.
- In the myphpadmin create a new database.
- Go to the privilege section in that database and connect a user to that.
Let’s install Prestashop
Please follow below steps to install PrestaShop in the local host using Xampps software.
- Go to Xampps file explorer and open htdocs folder
- Create a folder where you want to install PrestaShop ( In this example I have created a folder named presta). If you want to install in localhost root then no need to create any folder.
- Copy all contents of the downloaded PrestaShop folder to presta folder.
- Go to the browser and run 127.0.0.1/prestasi
- This will show to the PrestaShop installation screen.
- Look for any validation error and fix those.
- Enter shop details in the shop interface.
- Enter shop admin details.
- In the end, you need to enter the database information and test the database.
- If the database connection is green you can click next and that will complete the installation
That’s all, your PrestaShop installation is complete. Now you can access your website at 127.0.01/presta.